Posted on April 30th 2013
As part of the exciting re-brand, the team at canvas are delighted to announce the arrival of the canvas pound for life, in support of Make-A-Wish Foundation® UK.
Whether you are stuck for a pound coin for your gym locker or in a dash at the supermarket, you can always rely on the canvas pound for life which simply clicks on and off your key-ring. The product ties in neatly with canvas’s ‘common-sense creativity’ ethos; promising reliable, practical support to our clients, delivering end results that exactly match requirements and expectations. Not only that, with the new colourful canvas branding, they look great too!
Canvas pride them-selves in actively supporting the work of charities whenever possible. As such, the business has decided to support Make-A-Wish Foundation as part of the canvas pound for life concept. Make-A-Wish Foundation UK grants magical wishes to children and young people fighting life-threatening conditions, and for every pound for life canvas sends out that is registered by the recipient, canvas promises to donate £1 towards a child’s wish.
A wish is a once-in-a-lifetime experience for a child fighting a life-threatening condition. It’s a positive distraction from on-going medical treatment and a focus for children living with serious illness whose future may be uncertain. Wishes come in all shapes and sizes, but to give you an idea of how far the money goes:
• £10 will buy lunch for a child who wishes for a special visit to London
• £20 pays for a sparkly tiara to help fulfil a little girl’s wish to be a princess for the day
• £50 buys the special uniform for a boy who wishes to be a soldier, policeman or fireman for the day
• £100 provides a Eurostar ticket to help make a special wish trip to Paris happen
• £150 pays for a mini tuxedo for a boy wishing to be James Bond
• £200 will fund a magical therapeutic swim in the sea with dolphins for a child who wishes to go to Florida
• £350 buys a VIP hospitality ticket for a child who wishes for a fantastic trip to see their favourite Premiership football team play
The office at canvas has hundreds of the canvas pounds for life that are being gifted to clients, contacts and associates as part of the business’s re-brand, but they don’t want it to stop there! Anyone can register for one of the canvas pounds for life, all you have to do is email email@example.com and use the reference ‘Make-A-Wish’ along with your name and company’s postal address, and canvas will do the rest!
John Wickens, Managing Director, says “Make-A-Wish Foundation is a really worth-while cause, and I am happy to support the charity as part of the re-brand and launch of canvas. One of the great things about the charity, besides the fact it focuses on giving children and young people fantastic experiences, is that there is such a wide range of wishes made that almost any donation can make a significant difference to a child’s life. I’d like to make as many wishes as possible come true, so join us in our celebrations at canvas and register for your pound for life today.”
For more information about canvas or Make-A-Wish Foundation visit www.canvasevents.com or www.make-a-wish.org.uk .